Cookies Kush from Yeti Cannabis – 8.25/10
- greasy plasticky farts
- smells old & industrial – like coming upon a box of old weird mechanical greasy things that have been locked away in some dank nuclear fallout style shelter for about 65 years or so
- has some hints of a kush nasal pinch
- really mostly greasy/plasticky/petroleum scent – esp. when broken open
- decent manicure – only a few leaves apparant
- somewhat dense but smaller nugs
- springy & sticky!
- good covering of trichomes – matte outer appearance & sparkly insides
- seems like a nice mix of green shades with reddish stigmas and a bit of purple mixed in
- OCB single wide paper w/ smaller filter tip used
- busted up extremely finely – even & consistent but almost powdery
- minimal stick in the grinder
- a bit tricky to roll – ground to a near powder & not enough stick holding it together in a roll makes it just want to dump out everywhere
- slightly smaller than average joint rolled
- ash is very light grey & very soft
- grassy like a field of wild grass
- bit of a sweet undertone
- airy & open forest clearing type taste
- a bit lemony/citrus
- carrot – similar to spicy carrot cake
- slightly piney
- perfumey drywall taste near the end
- feeling it kick in about 3/4 into the joint
- good pain relief
- nice & hazy feeling
- somewhat piney aftertaste
- feeling somewhat energetic
- getting some shit done with a pretty good high
- feel chill & relaxed but not a couch locker at all
- lasts about 1.5hrs or so
Reviewed Aug 27, 2020
The coffee shops of Amsterdam are sacred places where you can find some of the best buds the world has to offer, so it’s no surprise that there’s an entire category at the High Times Cannabis Cup that is specifically for the strains born in the poorly lit, but constantly buzzing cornerstone businesses of Amsterdam. Barney’s Coffeeshop combined Girl Scout Cookies with a Rolex phenotype of OG Kush to create a gold medal strain that took home 1st place at the aforementioned competition.
Moderate to high THC levels reach an average of 17%-18% or higher, but what really makes this strain special is the pairing of 3% CBD. This creates a nice heady high that relaxes your body and lifts your spirits. As you might guess by the name, Cookies Kush has strong kush flavor that is lightened by sweet lime and pungency. The aromas are quite similar with a bit of granny smith apple on the nose. The buds are olive green and with minty green patches and fiery orange hairs. The trichomes that envelope each nug are translucent and rife with resin.
The Cookies Kush high can be a bit jarring to some as it brings together two opposing sensations that build and build as the high continues. On the initial rush you’ll feel an immediate sedation that leaves you a bit lethargic. Your eyes may get dry and red at this point and if you are susceptible to that side effect this may become very uncomfortable. While you are settling into this phase you’ll feel your head getting light and energetic and your thoughts may race. You’ll feel quite mellow and lazy, but because of this juxtaposing energy you can function if you have to.
Medically speaking, you can find a lot of uses for Cookies Kush. Beyond it being powerfully sedative, it is also a mood booster which makes it great for anyone suffering from chronic stress, depression, or bipolar. Because of this you can utilize this for pain, muscle spasms, and insomnia as it will leave you feeling extremely sleepy as you start to come down. Though it has a lot of positives, we’d be remiss to not include the potential negatives. This strain can agitate paranoia or anxiety in those who are easily swayed by cannabis. Red eyes, dry eyes, cottonmouth, and the munchies are additional side effects that may be cause for concern.
Though this is from the Cookies family, it throws users for a loop as it doesn’t have that classic cookie flavor. Don’t get too caught up in that, because the high itself is confusing enough. Many users have described this strain as mind-bending due to it truly being two sides of the same coin, blurring the lines between where the indica begins and the sativa ends.Yeti Cannabis Website