Chemo from Yeti Cannabis – 8/10
- has a greasy plastic/petroleum scent
- almost smells like burnt hair
- manicure could be better – seems pretty shaggy/leafy
- mix of dark & light green w/ brown stigmas
- good amount of sparkle
- fairly pronounced purple when broken open
- nice & sticky
- looks pretty coated in trichomes
** One bud out of an ounce appears to have some strange spotting on an attached leaf.
Sources indicated it could be possible Powdery Mildew or Mites
A USB microscope was purchased to examine this bud/leaf & it appears there may be signs of mites.
This is not a definitive diagnosis and even if it was, it is one very small bud out of an entire ounce.
The other buds do not have any noticeable signs that are apparent to the naked eye and thus were not inspected with the microscope.
Images have been sent to Yeti Cannabis and they have responded letting me know that this issue is being taken seriously and investigated.
This information is posted only for the fact that all reviews here are fully disclosed and is not a definitive diagnosis by any means.
Images of the concerned area can be seen here **
Yeti Cannabis reached around and offered a credit for this issue.
The credit was declined because it was felt to be unnecessary in this situation; two free packs of edibles were included and 30% was taken off the original order.
One bud with possible mites does not deserve any more compensation than already received.
However a thorough inspection of product and grow facility is the appropriate course of action.
Marimoko.biz appreciates the great customer service provided by Yeti Cannabis.
**Update 04/09/20 – Points were redeemed to get some Nuken flower for review.
- RAW single wide paper w/ smaller filter tip used
- busted up nice & evenly w/ minimal stick
- next to zero crystally trichome dust left in the grinder
- rolled very very easily – sticky weed is great to roll
- ash is medium dark grey – softer texture but stains fingers dark black
- slightly bitter
- a little sour
- lemon piney
- hints of sweetness but the bitterness overpowers & lingers
- somewhat coughy – tickles the throat
- getting notes of vanilla towards the end
- started to feel about 1/2 way through the joint
- eyes feel dry AND watery at the same time
- gives a little bit of a chesty feeling
- dry mouth with somewhat of a residual film
- bitter taste left over
- the high is like a classic over the top idiot movie stoner stupid
Reviewed Aug 12, 2020
Rumor has it that Chemo’s beginnings stretch back to the 1970s in Canada where this heavy indica was allegedly developed to treat the side effects of chemotherapy. Another name for this strain is “UBC Chemo” in reference to the university in which Chemo is said to have been conceived. Chemo’s genetics is carried on by Jordan of the Islands, whose rendition is best known for its subtle woody aroma and potent medicinal effects perfect for patients treating nausea, appetite loss, pain, and sleeplessness.Yeti Cannabis Website